Terms and Conditions
This Agreement was last revised on December 20th, 2021.
www.desimigrants.com (“website”) owned and managed by Desi Migrants (“we,” “us,” or “our”) welcomes you.
• “Service” or “Services” refers to any service shown below, which we may offer from our Website.
• “User”, “You” and “Your” refers to the person who is accessing the website for taking or availing any service from us. User shall include the company, partnership, sole trader, person, body corporate or association taking services of this Website;
• “We”, “us”, “our” are references to Desi Migrants (owned by Snom Ventures LLP);
• “Website” shall mean and include “https://www.desimigrants.com, and any successor Website or any of its affiliates;
• User Account” shall mean an electronic account opened for the customer for availing various services offered on the website;
• All references to the singular include the plural and vice versa and the word “includes” should be construed as “without limitation”.
• Words used herein regardless of the number and gender specifically used shall be deemed and construed to include any other number, singular or plural, and any other gender, masculine, feminine, or neuter, as the context requires.
• Reference to any statute, ordinance, or other law includes all regulations and other instruments and all consolidations, amendments, re-enactments, or replacements for the time being in force.
• All headings, bold typing, and italics (if any) have been inserted for convenience of reference only and do not define limit, or affect the meaning or interpretation of the terms of this Agreement.
IV. INTRODUCTION AND SCOPE
• Scope. These Terms govern your use of the Website and the Services. Except as otherwise specified, these Terms do not apply to Third-Party Products or Services, which are governed by their terms of service.
• Eligibility: Certain Service of the Website is not available to minors under the age of 18 or to any users suspended or removed from the system by us for any reason.
• Electronic Communication: When you use this Website or send e-mails and other electronic communications from your desktop or mobile device to us, you are communicating with us electronically. By sending, you agree to receive a reply communications from us electronically in the same format and you can keep copies of these communications for your records.
Desi Migrants provides an online community platform with the intention of connecting all Indian expats living across the globe. The platform is intended to be used to ask questions and to receive responses on various matters that will be useful for members and visitors on the platform. The platform intends to cover any and every topic that will be helpful such as “where to live”, “where to eat”, “which is a good sim card provider or a mobile phone operator in a particular country”, “which bank to open an account”, ”Indian restaurants and supermarkets in neighbourhood” and so on.
VI. MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICE
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add to, or remove portions of the Terms (collectively, “Changes”), at any time. We may notify you of changes by posting a revised version of the Terms incorporating the Changes to its Website. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes will mean that you accept and agree to the Changes.
VII. ACCOUNT REGISTRATION
For accessing the website and using certain Resources including the forum, you may be required to provide specific information and to create a user ID and password to establish an account.
You accept that the details you provide about establishing any account are correct and that you will keep your details up-to-date. You are responsible for the security of all of your user names, passwords, and registration information (such as unique account identifiers or historical billing information), and you are solely responsible for any use (authorized or not) of your accounts. You agree to notify us immediately about any unauthorized activity regarding any of your accounts or other breaches of security. We may at our discretion suspend or terminate any of your user names and passwords at any time with or without notice.
VIII. USER CONTENT
1. Content Responsibility.
The website permits you to share content, ask questions, post comments, responses, feedback, etc. (“content”) but you are solely responsible for the content posted by you. You represent that you have required permission to use the content.
When posting content to the website, please do not post content that:
• contains ill-mannered, profane, abusive, racist or hateful language or expressions, text, photographs or illustrations that are pornographic or in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature;
• is defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims;
• violates the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community;
• discriminates on the grounds of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political orientation or disability, or refers to such matters in any manner prohibited by law;
• violates or inappropriately encourages the violation of any municipal, state, federal, or international law, rule, regulation, or ordinance;
• transmits viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files ;
• sends repeated messages related to another user and/or makes derogatory or offensive comments about another individual or repeats prior posting of the same message under multiple emails or subjects;
• Information or data which are unlawfully obtained.
• infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights
• deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of the message or knowingly and intentionally communicates any information which is patently false or misleading in nature but may reasonably be perceived as a fact
• threatens the unity, integrity, security or sovereignty of any country or disparages any sovereign nation
Any such submitted content that includes, but is not limited to the following, will be refused by us and may be referred to law enforcement authorities. If repeated violations occur, we reserve the right to cancel user access to the website without advanced notice.
You may report any violations to us on [email protected] for appropriate redressal.
IX. LIMITED GUARANTEE
By this Website:
• We provide an opportunity for you to avail the offered Product and Services from our Website.
• We do not provide any warranty or guarantee that the Product and Service descriptions are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a Product or Service offered by the Website is not as described, your sole remedy is to inform us about Services for taking further action.
X. GEOGRAPHIC RESTRICTION
We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to limit the usage or supply of any product or service to any person, geographic region, or jurisdiction. We may use this right as per necessity.
XI. USER RESPONSIBILITIES
• You shall use the Service and Website for a lawful purpose and comply with all the applicable laws while using the Website;
• You shall not use this forum to Advertise, generate marketing leads, or divert discussion away from this forum. Any attempts to carry out surrogate advertising or advertising in any form will invite immediate ban. If you wish to advertise, please contact [email protected]
• You shall not upload, any content on the website or our social media pages that is Defamatory, infringes any trademark, copyright, or any proprietary rights of any person or affects anyone’s privacy, contains violence or hate speech, includes any sensitive information about any person.
• You shall not use or access the Website for collecting any market research for some competing business;
• You shall not misrepresent or impersonate any person or entity for any false or illegal purpose;
• You shall not use any virus, hacking tool for interfering in the operation of the Website or data and files of the Website;
• You will not use any device, scraper, or any automated thing to access the Website for any purpose without taking permission from us.
• You will inform us about anything that is inappropriate or you can inform us if you find something illegal on the website;
• You will not interfere with or try to interrupt the proper operation of the Website through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or try to gain access to any data, files, or passwords connected to the Website through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means;
• You will not cover, obscure, block, or in any way interfere with any advertisements and/or safety features (e.g., report abuse button) on the Website;
• You will not take any action that levies or may levy (in our sole decision) an unreasonable or unreasonably big load on our technical arrangement; and
• You will let us know about the unsuitable content of which you become aware. If you discover something that infringes any law, please let us know, and we’ll review it.
Although we’re not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Services or Content or to review or edit any Content, we have the right to do so to operate the Services, to ensure compliance with these Terms, and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to deny you access to the Website or any service, or any portion of the Website or service, without notice, and to remove any content.
XII. GENERAL CONDITIONS
• We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, validity, or timeliness of the information listed by us.
• We make material changes to the content on the website and these terms and conditions from time to time, we are not obligated to notify you but we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or via email communication.
• Desi Migrants reserves the right to edit, reprint, or delete any posting for any reason and without prior notification or explanation to the User or the Author of the post
• The website is licensed to you on a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable basis, solely to be used in connection with the Service for your personal consumption only, subject to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement as they apply to the Service.
• You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for addressing any claims you or any third party may have concerning the website;
• Both you and we acknowledge and agree that in your use of the website you will comply with any applicable third-party terms of the agreement that may affect or be affected by such use.
XIII. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
You understand and agree that we (a) do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, validity, or timeliness of information listed by us or any third parties; and (b) shall not be responsible for any materials posted by us or any third party. You shall use your judgement, caution, and common sense in evaluating any prospective methods or offers and any information provided by us or any third party.
Further, we shall not be liable for direct, indirect consequential, or any other form of loss or damage that may be suffered by a user through the use of the www.desimigrants.com Website including loss of data or information or any kind of financial or physical loss or damage.
In no event shall Desi Migrants, nor its Owner, directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be accountable for any indirect, incidental, special, eventful, or exemplary costs, including without limitation, loss of proceeds, figures, usage, goodwill, or other intangible losses, consequential from (i) your use or access of or failure to access or use the Service; (ii) any conduct or content of any third party on the Service; (iii) any content attained from the Service; and (iv) unlawful access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether or not based on guarantee, agreement, domestic wrong (including carelessness) or any other lawful concept, whether or not we’ve been aware of the possibility of such damage, and even if a cure set forth herein is originated to have futile of its important purpose.
You release us and our successors from all losses, damages, rights, and demands, and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death, and property damage, that are directly or indirectly related to or arising from your use of the Services (collectively, “Claims”).
Any materials provided by the Client/Customer in the course of using our service shall be kept confidential by us as against third parties, unless the disclosure is required under the process of law or unless the disclosure is to our financial auditors or governing regulatory bodies. Disclosing or using this information for any purpose beyond the scope of this Agreement.
XVI. NO RESPONSIBILITY
We are not responsible to you for:
• any losses you suffer because you cannot use our website at any time; or
• any errors in or omissions from our website; or
• any losses you may suffer by relying on any commentary, postings, messages, or reviews (of our services or that of our partners) on our website; or
• the privacy policies and practices of other linked third party websites, even if you access them using links from our website; or
• any unauthorized access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
Desi Migrants takes no responsibility for any of the content, messages or links posted on the website or the forum and makes no representation of the authenticity of its authors.
All opinions and views expressed on the Desi Migrants forum are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily representative of Desi Migrant’s management.
XVII. SPAM POLICY
You are strictly prohibited from using the Website or any of our’s Services for illegal spam activities (including gathering email addresses and personal information from others or sending any mass commercial emails), other than for the intended purposes of this website.
XVIII. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
The Website may comprise links to external or third-party Websites (“External Sites”). These links are provided exclusively as ease to you and not as an authorization by us of the content on such External Sites. The content of such External Sites is created and used by others. You can communicate with the site administrator of those External Sites. We are not accountable for the content provided in the link of any External Sites and do not provide any representations about the content or correctness of the information on such External Sites. You should take safety measures (s) when you are downloading files from all these Websites to safeguard your computer from viruses and other critical programs. If you agree to access linked External Sites, you do so at your own risk.
XX. ERRORS, INACCURACIES, AND OMISSIONS
Every effort has been taken to ensure that the information offered on this Website is accurate and error-free. We apologize for any errors or omissions that may have occurred. We cannot give you any warranty that usage of the Website will be error-free or fit for purpose, timely, that defects will be amended, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or signifies the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website and we do not make any warranty whatsoever, whether express or implied, relating to fitness for purpose, or accuracy.
XXI. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The website and the service are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranties of any kind, including that the website will operate error-free or that the website, its servers, or its content or service are free of computer viruses or similar contamination or destructive features.
We disclaim all licenses or warranties, including, but not limited to, licenses or warranties of title, merchantability, non-violation of third parties rights, and fitness for a particular purpose and any warranties arising from a matter of dealing, course of performance, or usage of trade. In relation with any warranty, contract, or common law tort claims: (i) we shall not be liable for any unintended, incidental, or substantial damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business stoppage resulting from the use or inability to access and use the website or the content, even if we have been recommended of the possibility of such damages.
The website may comprise technical incorrectness or typographical errors or omissions. We are not accountable for any such typographical, technical, or pricing errors recorded on the website. The website may contain information on certain services, not all of which are available in every location. A reference to a service on the websites does not suggest that such service is or will be accessible in your location. We reserve the right to do changes, corrections, and/or improvements to the website at any time without notice.
XXII. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
We (“Desi Migrants” “we,” or “our”) respect the rights of copyright owners to control the uses of their intellectual property and require users of our websites and services to do the same. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the applicable intellectual property laws. Responses may include removing or disabling access to the material.
If you have an intellectual property rights-related complaint about material posted on the Website, you may contact us using the information below.
ATTN: Legal Department (Copyright Notification)
Email: [email protected]
>Any notice alleging that materials hosted by or distributed through the Website infringe intellectual property rights must include the following information:
an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other right being infringed;
· a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
· a description of the material that you claim is infringing and where it is located on the Website;
· your address, telephone number, and email address;
· a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the materials on the Service of which you are complaining is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
· a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and that, under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and desire to offer a platform that contains no content that violates those rights. We require that information submitted by you be accurate, lawful, and not in violation of the rights of third parties.
XXIII. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK
The Website contains material, such as software, text, graphics, images, designs, sound recordings, audiovisual works, and other material provided by or on behalf of us (collectively referred to as the “Content”). The Content may be possessed by us or third parties. Unauthorized use of the Content may infringe copyright, trademark, and other laws. You have no right to use the content, and you will not take any Content except as allowed under this Agreement. No other use is allowed without prior written consent from us. You must recollect all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content on any copy you make of the Content. You may not transfer, provide license or sub-license, sell, or modify the Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, make a derivative version of, distribute, or otherwise use the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The use or posting of the Content on any other Website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is expressly prohibited.
If you infringe any part of this Agreement, your permission to access and/or use the Content and the Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the Content.
Our trademarks, service marks, and logos used and displayed on the Website are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of us. Other company, product, and service names located on the Website may be trademarks or service marks owned by others (the “Third-Party Trademarks,” and, collectively with us, the “Trademarks”). Nothing on the Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Trademarks, without our prior written permission specific for each such use. None of the Content may be retransmitted without our express, written consent for every instance.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our officers, directors, employees, successors, licensees harmless from and against any claims, actions, or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from your breach of this Agreement or your misuse of the Content or the Website. We shall provide notice to you of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit, or proceeding. We reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter that is subject to indemnification under this section. In such case, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests assisting our defense of such matter.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
Term. The Services will be provided to you can be canceled or terminated by us. We may terminate these Services at any time, with or without cause, upon written notice. We will have no liability to you or any third party because of such termination. Termination of these Terms will terminate all of your Services subscriptions.
Effect of Termination. Upon termination of these Terms for any reason, or cancellation or expiration of your Services: (a) We will cease providing the Services; (b) you will not be entitled to any refunds or usage fees, or any other fees, pro-rata or otherwise; (c) any fees you owe to us will immediately become due and payable in full, and (d) we may delete your archived data within 30 days. All sections of the Terms that expressly provide for survival, or by their nature should survive, will survive termination of the Terms, including, without limitation, indemnification, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto concerning the subject matter contained in this Agreement.
If a dispute arises between you and the website www.desimigrants.com, our goal is to resolve such a dispute quickly and cost-effectively. Accordingly, you and mobile application agree that we will resolve any claim or controversy at law or equity that arises between us out of this Agreement or the website and mobile application Services (a “Claim”) following this section entitled “Dispute Resolution.” Before resorting to these alternatives, you agree to first contact us directly to seek dispute assistance by going to Customer Service.
For any claim arising between you and www.desimigrants.com (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief), the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute cost-effectively through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. A party electing arbitration must initiate such arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: (a) the arbitration will be conducted by telephone, online, and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner will be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; (b) the arbitration will not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties, and (c) if an arbitrator renders an award the party receiving the award may enter any judgment on the award in any court of competent jurisdiction.
GOVERNING LAW AND JUDICIAL RECOURSE
The terms herein will be governed by and construed under the law of India and the State of Maharashtra without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. The Courts of the State of Maharashtra shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from the use of the Website.
We will have no liability to you, your users, or any third party for any failure to perform our or its obligations under these Terms if such non-performance arises as a result of the occurrence of an event beyond the reasonable control of us, including, without limitation, an act of war or terrorism, natural disaster, failure of electricity supply, riot, civil disorder, or civil commotion or other force majeure event.
We shall have the right to assign/transfer this agreement to any third party including our holding, subsidiaries, affiliates, associates, and group companies, without any consent of the User.
We welcome feedback, comments, and suggestions for improvements to the Services (“Feedback”). You can submit Feedback by emailing us at [email protected]