Last updated [December 20th, 2021]
We respect the privacy of our users and every person who visits our sites www.desimigrants.com. Here, Desi Migrants refers to as (“we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
Desi Migrants is an online community that aims to bring together all Indian expats living across the globe. We invite all Indian nationals, whether living in India or overseas, to join the forum and be connected with each other with a helpful & constructive ideology. This platform is strictly not to be used for discussing political ideologies or religious discussions or any other topic that has the potential to polarize and divide people. Please read our “Terms and Conditions” for using this platform.
In line with the Sanskrit phrase “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam”, we truly believe that the World is one family. We welcome all nationals to visit our forum and benefit from the content and information provided herein. We also welcome other nationals to register and contribute to the forum, ask questions and provide answers in your field of expertise and help members and visitors to the forum.
Desi Migrants is a brand owned by Snom Ventures LLP. We are located in India.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The personal information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering with us, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our services, when participating in activities on the Site, or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Site, the choices you make, and the Services and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, location, and other similar contact data.
Information automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Site. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information. If you access our site with your mobile device, we may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer), operating system, version information, and IP address. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Information collected from other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds, we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to you for our business purposes, and/or for legal reasons. We may use your personal information to send you a product, service, and new feature information, and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Request Feedback for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Site.
- To protect our Site for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons. We may use your information as part of our effort to keep our Site safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications with your consent. We may use your information to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for our business purposes and as legally required.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm as legally required. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- Google Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services and to develop website content.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and evaluating and improve our Site, products, services, marketing, and experience.
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information about your visits to our Site and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions, or other content to the Site) or otherwise interact with the public areas of the Site, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity.
- IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
Information collected from you may be stored and processed globally in various countries in which our Company or agents or contractors maintain facilities, and by accessing our sites and using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Such countries may have laws that are different, and potentially not as protective, as the laws of your own country. Whenever we share personal data originating in the European Economic Area we will rely on lawful measures to transfer that data, such as the Privacy Shield or the EU standard contractual clauses. If you reside in the EEA or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal data to the countries in which we operate. By providing your personal data, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy. We will not transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient.
- WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Site is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected].
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You may at any time review or change the information by:
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Opt-Out (RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING)
You have the right to opt-out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to us for the Processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt-out to further Processing by contacting [email protected]. Even if you opt-out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Services and/or information from the advertisements on Third-Party websites for non-interest-based advertising purposes, such as to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
Email and Telephone Communications
Cookies and similar technologies
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site.
“Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective for mobile applications, including our App. However, on many mobile devices, App users may opt-out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration. You can also opt-out by:
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below.
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, email us at [email protected]
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. In general, cookies have two main purposes: to improve your browsing experience by remembering your actions and preferences and to help us analyze our website traffic.
What to do with Cookies?
Types & Category of Cookies used
List the category of cookies used in https://www.desimigrants.com. For example:
If you sign in to https://www.desimigrants.com, cookies help us show users the right information and personalize the experience to the users.
- Performance, Analytics, Research & Advertising
Cookies help us learn how well our site and web products perform at different locations. We also use these to understand, improve, and research products, features, and services, including when you access this site https://www.desimigrants.com from other websites, applications, or devices such as your work computer or your mobile device. We also use third-party cookies to improve and personalize our marketing messages/communications with you.
You are always free to delete cookies that are already on your computer through your browser settings, and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being added to your computer. However, this may prevent you from using certain features on the Website.